Microsoft CRM legacy feature check tool checks for any manifestation of CRM 4 SDK usage by combining reflection and plain text search in the code. The following post will give you a quick overview of the tool.
What it does – checks for any manifestation of CRM 4 SDK usage by combining reflection and plain text search in the code.
Below is the quick overview of what the tool does:
- 1 Loads all plug-in assemblies and for each plug-in for each step checks if the plug-in implements Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.IPlugin interface or if there are some other references to CRM 4.0 SDK including assembly references to SDK libraries
- 2 Verifies that there are no files in the ISV folder. To deterrmine the folder it is looking at the register Software\Microsoft\MSCRM under WebSitePath key
- 3 If anything is found, then it reports that ISV folder under CRM Website contains some files
- 4 Verifies if IIS Logs contain calls to the 2007 web service endpoint and reports about them
- 5 Loads all web resources and checks for the "crmservice.asmx” text and if the match is found then the tool reports about a reference contained in the web resource to the 2007 web service endpoint
Below is the example of results of legacy feature tool code execution.
This is the description of LegacyTool command line:
Microsoft.Crm.LegacyFeatureCheck.exe [/s:] [/org:] [/includeDisabledOrgs] [/IISLogs:] [/out:]
/s - Specify the CRM Configuration Database Server name. This is not required if you are running the tool on the target CRM server(Web Role)
/org - Specify the unique name of organization to check. When not specified , all enabled organizations are checked
/includeDisabledOrgs - Include disabled organizations in the check
/IISLogs - Search IIS logs to detect calls to 2007 web service endpoint
/Verbose - Enable verbose output
/out - Write output to the specified XML file
What was changed and what needs to be adjusted for the plug-ins is given on MSDN http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg334459.aspx
Let us tell you more about our projects!
+1 866 311 24 67 (USA)
+45 20 55 6222 (Denmark)
+49 721 957 3177 (Germany)